08 Jan ASPATA Courses Lead Asia
Well, the votes are in, and ASPATA is dialled in when it comes to what YOU want! The annual ACSM Top Fitness Trends for the New Year (2016), and here, and ASPATA has you covered, now, it’s up to you make it happen, and it looks like METCON is in high demand!
1. Wearable technology like fitness trackers, smart watches, heart-rate monitors and GPS enabled gadgets are the undisputed champs. Some industry analysts have predicted that the wearable technology market will approach $6 billion dollars by 2016. Wearables also include smart glasses, smart fabrics and interactive textiles, reaching sales approaching $2.6 billion by 2017.
2. Workouts that include push-ups, squat jumps, Burpees and pull-ups? You’re in the number 2 spot. Time to check out our fast growing METCON certification! We have already had 4 METCON boxes launched internationally! We hope you’re next! Also, take a peek at our HIIT certification.
3. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). These workouts pack a powerful punch in minimal time and involve short bursts of high intensity activity followed by short periods of rest. Now it’s take to take a serious look at the ASPATA HIIT certification, and again, METCON certification. Stay on the fast tracks to success.
4. Good ol’ Strength Training is still on trend hitting the list at number 4. Good thing we have our ASPATA Advanced Barbell 1 Day Workshop.
5. Now we are talking! We keep telling you, people are DEMANDING PROFESSIONAL TRAINERS! All these so called “gyms” with unqualified and non-certified trainers are going to start to drop like flies, let ASPATA make sure you’re not one of them! With the growing economy, the market for fitness professionals has become more crowded and more competitive. Therefore it’s important that consumers choose professionals certified through programs that are accredited. Hence number 5, the EXPONENTIAL growth of Educated & Experienced Fitness Professionals. ASPATA is 100% ready to help you become a fit-pro. Personal Training, Nutritional Coaching, HIIT, METCON, Bootcamp, Welness, Muay Thai & Kickboxing, even Yoga, we have you covered.
6. One on One is back! Personal Training ranks number 6. Time to get into our Personal Training Certification Courses today!
7. Do you prefer workouts that help you move better throughout your day? Functional Fitness uses strength training to improve balance, coordination, force, power, and endurance to enhance someone’s ability to perform activities they do in daily living, and the next step beyond functional fitness will be “loaded movement training,” which includes moving the body in three dimensions and incorporates handheld props like sandbags, kettle bells, barbells and dumbbells. Again our METCON course has your back!
8. Fitness Programs for Older Adults is number 8. The needs of baby boomers are high on the radar as retirees and older adults may have more discretionary moolah than younger generations. Make sure to keep an eye out for our ASPATA Isometrics & Eccentrics online course, a great tool for you to use with your older clients.
9. The 9th top trend in fitness goes to health and fitness professionals who provide a combination of Exercise and Weight Loss programs to help their clients shed the fluff. As we all know, you can’t out train a bad diet and, and nearly all, real, long term weight loss depends on what or what doesn’t go in your mouth. Therefore, programs that incorporate nutrition and fitness routines make the list. Our nutrition courses have your back, check out our Nutrition Foundations, or our Performance Nutrition & Sports Supplements online courses.
10. There’s no stopping Yoga, and thats why ASPATA has already set the plans for our ASPATA Yoga for Fit Pros One Day Workshop. Rooted in ancient tradition, yoga is widely known for improving health, flexibility and promoting relaxation.
Coming in at # 11 is Small Group Training. It’s is a cost-effective way for people to get some of the benefits of having a private trainer. And, is a way for trainers to get to work with more clients that couldn’t otherwise afford it. METCON keeps popping up as it is our specialised SGT program, and ASPATA also offers a number of tips on this and business on our Facebook, and YouTube pages. If you haven’t been following those, we’re afraid you may be still stuck in 2014!
A few other notable trends making it to the top 20 include Outdoor Activities (#14). Our Bootcamp Alliance Outdoor Fitness Specialist Certification fits the bill here!
Wellness Coaching (#13) “integrates behavioral change science into health promotion, disease prevention, and rehabilitation programs.” Also known as Health Coaches, they provide support, guidance and motivation to clients either in a one-on-one setting, small groups. The ‘coaching’ industry has been exploding, for everything from business to behavior change and clients will be looking for professionals who can guide them thru a more holistic approach to wellness. Maybe the time has come to checkout our Online Wellness Coach certification, and step up your credentials today.
Notable: Circuit Training (#18). Core Training (#19).
Also making the top 20 are Smart Phone Exercise Apps, Worksite Health Promotion, Outcome measurements (watch for our new online course Advanced Health & Fitness Assessments for Fit Pros), and Flexibility / Foam-Rolling which can be used for warming up, cooling down, trigger points or just a DIY deep tissue massage for cheap.