Group instructors are part of a dynamic, new wave in fitness training for success through discipline and innovation. Master the basic disciplines of aerobics and step movements which are applicable to a wide range of sport-targeted programs such as group strength training, kickboxing, dance, fitness, mind/body classes and so much more! Certified group fitness instructors will learn the skills to teach effective and stimulating classes in response to a diverse range of needs.
In your comprehensive Group Fitness program, you’ll learn to assess and apply an understanding of:
- Components of total fitness exercise programming.
- Components of aerobic fitness training.
- Safety variables and methods for avoiding injury.
- Mechanics involved in maintaining proper posture.
- Various warm up movements and limbering exercises.
- Various types of aerobics and different impact levels of aerobic movement.
- Movements and cues for different aerobic movements.
- Choreography for 32 count routines.
- Effective timing and visual cues for teaching aerobics.
What is Included in the course:
Group Fitness Program:
With our Group Fitness program, learn to choose and include music to make your classes exciting! Learn the benefits of aerobic training, choreography techniques and cueing/teaching skills. You will also learn about pre-choreographed aerobic fitness programs and the newest trends in group aerobic fitness.
Weight Training Program
Learn basic anatomy, biomechanics and applying this knowledge in training settings for specific muscle groups. Guide clients in maximizing results while minimizing injury risk.
Start a career as a Group Fitness Instructor through NAFC’s comprehensive certification course!
- Study at your own pace – Study online at times and places that fit your busy schedule.
- Options for Testing – Take your certification exam whenever you’re ready with secure online testing at home or within ASPATA, or take it on paper at ASPATA if you feel more comfortable with a pen & paper.
- Unlimited Educational Support – If you have questions about the course materials, contact us!
- Customer Support – Support both Before and After you become certified.
* This product is delivered as a series of PDF documents and may be viewed or downloaded from your “MY Materials” page upon purchase. Please allow 72 hours to receive your on-line portal.
** Add on one or more of our popular certification courses including: METCON Coach, H.I.I.T Instructor , Outdoor Bootcamp Instructor, and Muay Thai Fitness Coach for a complete Group Fitness Instructor experience, and be an assist in any gym all over the world!